Are you an aspiring Nigerian Musician? Here is a great opportunity for you as the MTN Foundation/Muson 2020 Music Scholarship Program is ongoing and application are open to every citizen in Nigeria that have that piece of music talent in him or her.
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces entrance examinations for the Fifteenth (15th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2020 – 2021 academic year. The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education and are calling on interested candidates to apply to stand a chance of being selected before the deadline
The MTN Foundation Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full-time students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
MTN Foundation/Muson 2020 Music Scholarship Program
Successful applicants will be trained by the best musical tutors.
The vision and mission of MUSON:
- To promote the understanding and enjoyment of classical music in Nigeria.
- To promote the performance of serious music (with emphasis on classical music).
- To promote the education of children in the performance and theory of music
The scholarship program’s course is simply “Music”
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including the English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
NOTE: Applicants who possess the above Practical or Theory certificates must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the Faculty/Jury may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year
Interview date, Process, and Venue for MTN Foundation/Muson Music Scholarship Program
The examinations will take place from September 21st – September 23rd, 2020 and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standards before a faculty or jury.
- An oral interview
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by September 14, 2020, and given an examination number which permits them to take examinations, auditions, and interviews.
Successful candidates from the examinations will be invited for admission.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Foundation on forms.gle to apply
Applicants are to submit completed forms and attach passport photograph scanned to – [email@example.com] or [firstname.lastname@example.org] or email@example.com
All applications should reach,
MUSON School of Music,
8/9, Marina, Onikan,
Lagos. On or before September 7, 2020.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted
For more details, visit the MTN Foundation website
Application closes on the 7th Of September, 2020.
Share this MTN Foundation/Muson 2020 Music Scholarship Program on your social media account so that others can know about it.