The foreign scheme part to apply for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship) PTDF is free and a yearly program for MSc and Ph.D. studies. It is aimed at providing Nigeria students with the skill-set and intellectual foundation that will give or enable them to participate actively in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry at the end of their studies.
The information technology-related course in top universities around nationwide, to aspire knowledge transfer, the universities are the top study center for these scholarship awards such as China, France, Germany, and the United States and kingdoms.
The duration of the sponsorship and scholarships for the MSc is between (12) twelve and (24) twenty-four months while for the Ph.D. is about thirty-six months. For your notice and information, there is no award for the undergraduate in this particular program.
If you which to become a PTDF scholar, then get ready because this article is you. You just need to take much of your time to read and understand this information because I have taken much of my time as well to draft out all the information you need to know how to apply for the petroleum technology development fund PTDF scholarship.
History About Petroleum Technology Development Fund PTDF
The PTDF was created with the commitment based on the development, implementation and promotion of petroleum technology and manpower development through training and research of Nigerians as graduate, technicians, professionals, and craftsmen in the field of management, economics, geoscience, geology, and engineering relevant field in the petroleum solid mineral industry in Nigeria or abroad.
Before PTDF was established, there was an existed company called the Gulf oil company training fund, whose assets were transferred to the fund of, upon abrogation of the act setting up. The organization vested the fund with the responsibility of educating and training of Nigerians to become an expert and professional in the petroleum company. The fund only existed as a desk in the department of petroleum resources until the year 200 when it becomes a fully functional Agency of government.
Therefore, the petroleum technology development fund (PTDF ) repealed the Gulf oil company training fund Act and was established in 1973 as an intergovernmental organization of the ministry petroleum Resources.
PTDF FOR FOREIGN MASTERS AND PHD SCHOLARSHIP AND THEIR ELIGIBILITY.
The PTDF foreign MSc and PhD program gives the Nigerians the chance and opportunity to acquired more knowledge on their master’s and Doctorate degree studies in a well-facilitated world-class university abroad and using the influence to experience new living, costumes and tradition, religions, cultures and work environment.
ELIGIBILITY OF PTDF FOR FOREIGN MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP.
Without been told that you need an email address to create your account you can as well check Below here is the list of qualified requirements for the PTDF for foreign masters scholarship.
1) you must have five (5) distinction in your O’level results including English and mathematics.
2) The availability of your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate must be mandatorily completed.
3) A least you must have a second class upper (2.1) or second class lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
THIS MIGHT ALSO INTEREST YOU TOO >> How To Find International Scholarship For Student To Study Abroad Free
ELIGIBILITY OF PTDF FOR FOREIGN PHD SCHOLARSHIP.
Required criteria to part-time in the PTDF PhD scholarship program. The following are the list requirements.
1) you are required to submit a research proposal based on the oil and gas industry.
That must contain the topic, introduction, objective, methodology, and mode of data collection which must not exceed more than five-page.
2) Your master’s degree project must be available.
3) A good first-class degree at least a second lower (2.2) and a good second-degree certificate.
4) completion of the National Youth Service certificate must be ready.
5) Your application must be submitted ahead of time.
Here is the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship eligibility that you will first have to make sure of having before proceeding with the application
LIST OF COURSES OFFERED IN PTDF SCHOLARSHIP
The courses offered in PTDF scholarship focuses on the oil and gas to the related fields. The following courses are;
+) Information technology.
+) Renewable energy.
+) Environment studies.
Here you go, this is the list of the course offer in Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship, however, you can also check below to see the list of Universities and theirs in which they are.
APPROVED UNIVERSITIES AND THEIR COUNTRIES TO STUDY PETROLEUM TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT FUND (PTDF).
The petroleum technology development fund PTDF offers sponsorship to 62 approved universities in 4 countries. Below I will be listing some of the universities and their countries.
1) University of Picardie <<<<< France.
2) University of Salford <<<<< United kingdom.
3) University of Oldenburg<<<<<< Germany.
4) University of Liverpool <<<<<< United kingdom.
5) University of Nottingham Ningbo<<<<< China.
6) University of Manchester <<<<<< United kingdom.
7) University of Lyon 1 <<<<< France.
8) University of cologne <<<<<Germany.
9) University of Glasgow <<<<< United kingdom.
10) University of Gottingen<<<<< Germany.
11) University of imperial college London<<<< United kingdom.
12) University of ICSI Toulouse (HSE)<<<<< France.
13) University of Trier<<<<< Germany.
14) University of TU Berlin <<<<< Germany.
15) IFP school ( petroleum engineering)<<<< France.
16) University of Newcastle <<<<< United kingdom.
17) University of Restock <<<<< Germany.
18) University of Muenster <<<<< Germany.
19) University of ENSIC Nancy <<<<< France .
20) University of HS Kempten <<<<< Germany.
BENEFITS OF PTDF SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME.
The Petroleum Technology Development fund PTDF has it own benefit that comes with it to enjoy. They include;
01) you will be given a new laptop.
02) five hundred thousand naira cash (N500,000.
03) provision of payment of tuition and bench fee.
04) provision of flight tickets.
05) providing an allowance to meet the cost of living and accommodation expenses.
06) provision of health insurance.
So that is just it, without taking much of the time, here again, you can quickly check below to see how you can proceed with your application for free
HOW TO APPLY FOR PETROLEUM TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT FUND SCHOLARSHIP
The petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) scholarship application can be started by creating an application account and filling out your details for a start.
First thing first, Visit the PTDF scholarship application Portal to create your own account and fill in your details in other to successfully Apply For Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. An email with instructions on how to log in and set your password will be sent to the email address you entered and then you can get started.