The University of Pretoria, South Africa, is calling for applications for the Master’s degree (LLM) in International Trade and Investment Law in Africa (TILA) for the Class of 2021, and here are the full LLM Scholarship application guidelines that you need to read to get started.
The TILA degree is a unique programme to which 25 to 30 individuals from African countries with a degree allowing access to the legal profession (e.g. LLB or licence en Droit) and preferably experience in the field of trade and investment law are admitted.
It will interest you to know that the TILA programme is the first of its kind to be offered in Africa and it establishes a higher education and training programme based in and focused on, Africa with full exposure to the international world of trade and investment.
The degree was developed under the auspices of the Centre for Human Rights and is presented by the University of Pretoria and the University of the Western Cape in partnership with Makerere University in Uganda, American University Washington College of Law in the USA and the University of Amsterdam and Erasmus University in the Netherlands.
Scholarship Award Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the LLM (TILA) is as follows:
- A degree allowing access to the legal profession
- This is a one-year, full-time programme and inter-disciplinary in a presentation.
- The programme is divided into two semesters. In the first semester, the students participate in an intensive custom-designed curriculum of course work. In the second semester, the students’ formal requirement is to write a mini-dissertation.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and should demonstrate an interest in International Trade and Investment Law.
Fees / Scholarships
- Approximate cost: R100 000 / 6650 USD
- Limited scholarships are available.
- Self-funded students are encouraged to apply for this programme.
Includes tuition and accommodation but excludes all travel-related costs. (Subject to University policy.)
Apply For LLM Scholarship In International And Investment Law In Africa
- All applications are handled via the online system submittable. Please click on the link below to apply for this programme
- Note that you have to register on the submittable system to be able to apply for this programme
- The following documents will be needed during your application
— Previous academic records/transcripts
— Previous degree certificate(s)
— Copy of bio-data page of Passport
— A good quality photograph of yourself
— For applicants who do not obtain their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1, or IELTS test certificate
To apply, click HERE
The closing date for the scholarship application is on the 31st of July 2020. You can share this LLM Scholarship application on your social media account so that others who might be interested can also apply.