It is a Ph.D. Scholarship which aims to recruit high achieving graduate students in certain majors at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) and provide them with full and continuous financial support to pursue their graduate studies at the university. Read this 2021 United Arab Emirates University Scholarship article to get started.
UAEU is the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU aspires to become a comprehensive, research-intensive university and currently enrolls approximately 13,000 Emirati and international students.
As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges:
- Business and Economics
- Education; Engineering
- Food and Agriculture
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Medicine and Health Sciences
With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the-art new campus, and a full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
In its drive to achieve international research stature, UAEU works with its partners in the industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked #5 in the Arab World and #284 worldwide.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
2021 United Arab Emirates University Scholarship
- Full tuition waiver.
- Monthly Stipend.
- Health insurance (if needed).
- Extra Bonus:
- Up to AED 3,000 from the supervisor’s external research project, or.
- Up to AED 2,000 from the supervisor’s internal research project.
Duties and Expectations:
- Maintain a GPA of ≥ 3.3 at the Ph.D. level.
- Be enrolled full-time (min. of 9 credits/semester) at the Ph.D. level.
- Be available at UAEU full-time.
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research project
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Have a GPA ≥ of 3.5/4.0 in a Master’s degree.
- Have no employment or other financial sponsorship.
- Have a dissertation in one of the UAE priority sectors (Renewable Energy, Transportation, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
- Meet the Ph.D. admission requirements and apply here.
Documents Required for Application
- Copy of Bachelor degree transcript
- Copy of Master degree transcript
- Copy of CV with a list of relevant publications
- Statement of research interest (300 words max.)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who supervised your academic or research work.
How to Apply
To apply for a Ph.D. Scholarship, please:
- Complete the Admission application here.
- Complete and submit the Ph.D. Scholarship application here and all required documents.
See deadlines and eligible courses here
For more details, visit UAEU website
The scholarship award application closes on the 31st Of October, 2020
Share this 2021 United Arab Emirates University Scholarship Application on your social media account so that others can know about it.