Did you take part in the last UTME (JAMB) and have just gained admission into any Nigerian state or federal university? Then here is the 2020/21 Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship you can apply for if you are interested and meet the eligibility standards.
This initiative is in the continuance of Stanbic IBTC’s goal to support the dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as we have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL), and so on. The scholarship program is aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates.
Stanbic IBTC Holdings, commonly referred to as Stanbic IBTC, is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension, and trustee businesses. Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a financial services giant based in South Africa. Standard Bank is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings operations in 20 African countries and 13 countries outside Africa and here is a scholarship program for Nigerian Undergraduates
The scholarship award application is free, you just have to meet the criteria and then apply for the award.
2020/21 Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship
The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the university in your admitted degree program. The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
The Scholarship will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated. Total scholarship value of at least N40 million would be spread across four years and disbursed in tranches of N100,000 per academic year
Scholarship Application Requirements
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship (The “Scholarship”) by Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC (“Stanbic IBTC”, “we” or “us”) is only available to Applicants (“Applicants”, “They” or “You”) who:
- Reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2020 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Have a score of 200 and above in JAMB
- Have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University (“University”) with relevant evidence
The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the university in your admitted degree program
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
How To Apply
- Go to Stanbic IBTC Bank on standardbank.eu.qualtrics.com
- In the space provided, enter your name, permanent home address
- Enter your local government of origin and select your state of origin
- Upload your proof of origin from local government or state government
- Click on “Submit” when you are done
Successful Applicants will be notified only via an email. Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
Acceptance of Scholarship
Where you are successful and win the Scholarship, you must read and accept these Terms and Conditions and all other documents sent to your mail in full. By accepting this Scholarship from Stanbic IBTC, it is understood that you have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Please note, if you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions and other accompanying documents on your behalf
Also, note the following;
- Successful applicants will receive an email to confirm the outcome of their application and they will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide
- The email received from a Stanbic IBTC authorized email will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing, and other important information as required
- They will then receive other documents and forms which they will be asked to fill, sign and return, to confirm that they agree to the terms and conditions as stated herein
- If Successful Applicants do not wish to accept the scholarship they have been offered, they should advise us immediately by sending an email to UniversityScholarship@stanbicibtc.com
- Failure to accept the scholarship offer within the period specified in the notifying email will result in forfeiture of the offer
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund
- Successful Applicants may be required to provide additional evidence via a link that would be provided to them or via a Stanbic IBTC authorized email. The additional evidence will include providing the admission letter from the admitting University.
Retention of Scholarship
To retain your scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the degree program they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative policies of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of the second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of the same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
Kindly note that the successful applicants would be entitled to this Scholarship for a total period of Four (4) years from the day of acceptance, notwithstanding the length of the degree program. The Scholarship shall be paid at the beginning of every academic year subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
The scholarship application closing date os October 24, 2020.
Share this 2020/21 Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduates on your social media account so that others who are interested can know about it.