Korean government invites 170 undergraduate/700 graduate international students from 156 countries, for a degree (Undergraduate, Master’s & Doctoral) and non-degree research programs in Korea through the Korean Government Scholarship.
The Scholarship Program is offered to international students who want to pursue Bachelors’s, Masters’s, and Ph.D. degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders, and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
2020-2021 Korean Government Scholarship
Scholarship Benefits includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
To be eligible for the scholarship award;
- Citizenship: Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- Age: KGSP-U: under 25
- Health: Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- Degree Requirements: KGSP-U: High school diploma
- Grades: The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or, The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
- Number of Scholarships: KGSP Undergraduate: around 170 grantees will be awarded annually, KGSP Graduate: around 700 grantees will be awarded annually
Interview date, Process, and Venue for Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship
1st Selection: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea. The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
2nd Selection: The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
3rd Selection: Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
How To Apply
- Go to Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) on www.studyinkorea.go.kr
- Select your course and follow onscreen instruction for a successful application
Applicants can only apply for the Scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
For more details, visit GKS website
The application closing date is not specified.
Share this 2020-2021 Korean Government Scholarship For Developing Countries on your social media account so that others can know about it.